How We Serve
We specialize in the distribution phase of our clients’ financial lives by providing Retirees and Pre-Retirees with proven strategies that deliver security, consistency, and predictability in their retirement, regardless of stock market volatility from year to year. This allows clients to invest with less fear and concern and increase their confidence in their approach to investing and retirement.
Our Primary Service provides The Missing Piece…
A True Decision-Making Process that helps guide you when determining which investments and insurances to choose from, as well as which account types to use for each.
Many times, investors don’t have a process or checklist to filter out myths and misconceptions to discover the must know, critical facts to make logical decisions for their future.
Ask yourself, and be honest…
- Do you know what questions to ask about your retirement and investments?
- Have you calculated/quantified hidden fees, taxes or risk issues?
- Is there a chance you’ve made decisions based on myths, misconceptions, opinions or missing facts?
Once you find out that there are flaws or missing information in your decision-making process you will quickly realize where money is falling through the cracks in your current planning, thus helping you make more informed financial decisions.
Each investment product or service has a specific purpose where it may fit properly into someone’s retirement planning (see list of what we offer/assist with below), but without a complete review of your personal situation, risk tolerance, income needs, tax situation, long-term care needs, and estate and charitable desires, no one (or no advisor) should have an opinion on whether a specific product is right for you. The discovery of your true needs and desires is the first step you should take, not the choice of investment products that historically many people have made as to their first step.
Our Simple, Logical, Easy to Understand 3 Step Review
Our Simple 3 Step Review is a great way of helping you get a handle on your true needs and desires and whether or not your current strategies match up with personal concerns and situations. (P.S. – If we can’t improve your situation, there is no reason for you to become a client!)
Some financial advisors focus only on helping you accumulate assets. Most accountants only look back as of December 31st to help you pay your correct tax bill. What differentiates us is that our job is to help you look forward and cut future tax bills, and help you avoid financial problems in your retirement years and your estate plan.
Our Review and Discovery process (note: not a sales process) helps you discover if your current strategies match up with your future plans. This proven process helps us create (or re-create) a sound plan for you, based on facts and logic not emotion and opinions.
- The first step is a look forward review of your tax return to determine your current tax situation. We identify things like stealth taxation, uncover incorrect uses of taxable and tax-deferral strategies, and discover missed opportunities for offsetting gains and losses.
Our review helps you implement the correct strategy to lower or eliminate your taxes and find money falling through the cracks now and in your future.
- The second step is an income analysis to determine if you are using your income sources properly and in the most tax efficient method. With the ever-increasing cost of inflation, we find out if you have adequate income and liquidity to meet your future needs. Your actual inflation rate may be different from the government quoted inflation rate as your rate is based on what you specifically spend money on.
- The third step is a risk analysis to make sure your investment risk exposure is one you are comfortable with and is in line with your investment allocation strategies. Research shows people make poor decisions, receive low rates, or incur losses because they have more risk than they are comfortable with. A simple set of questions will help us identify your true risk comfort level and possibly help you avoid losses you are not prepared to handle or were not aware of.
Our wealth management process strives to reflect all of your financial goals and characteristics while simplifying your financial life.
Life can change – the birth of a child, the death of a loved one, the loss of a job, a major purchase – which will readjust your customized strategy.
No matter where you are in life, we can provide you the guidance, tools, and services to help prepare for retirement on your terms.
Are you in or near retirement? Learn how annuities can help generate a reliable stream of income or increase your current savings.
Understanding how tax strategies are used to manage your tax bill should be a major part of any reliable financial approach.
Learn about income strategies for guaranteed lifetime income that can help you maintain your lifestyle now and in retirement.
Financial Education Courses
I’m an instructor with Adult Financial Education Services (AFES), specializing in planning and guidance for those who are seeking a better lifestyle and a guaranteed income in retirement.
One of the keys to a reliable financial strategy is spending less than you take in, and then finding a way to put your excess to work.
Lifestyle matters look at how to balance work and leisure efficiently, how to make smart choices for the future, as well as many other items regarding how to help you enjoy the journey.
Social Security Optimization
We can help you understand your Social Security benefits and educate you on how you can maximize those retirement benefits.
Chances are you could live well into your 80s and 90s, or longer. A long life greatly increases the likelihood you’ll require long-term health care.